DataKnowl now integrates a new multimodal CRM
(V3) engine, with multiple operating configurations to better adapt to various business
The default operating mode, which will be shown in this tutorial, is the Contact Manager
mode, designed for organizing company
contacts and managing interactions.
The basic concept of CRM is, therefore, that of Contact
. A Contact can be of two types:
- Person: is the individual with whom you interact, who will have an associated set of properties such as: first name, last name,
title, qualification, one or more telephone contacts, email addresses, etc.
- Organization: represents the legal entity such as a company, an entity or an institution, with which you need to manage
A Person can belong to an Organization. An Organization is made up of People.
Having defined the basic concepts, we can discover the functionality of CRM in the Contact Manager
First, click on the CRM icon
in the side menu of your dashboard.
Initially, the CRM is empty
, it does not contain any contacts .
Start adding contacts by clicking on the down arrow of the +Add button
. Choose the Contact type to add from the drop-down menu:
Person or Organization. If you wish to add a new person, click on Person
The following form will be displayed which allows you to enter the data of the new contact.
Fill in the form fields like this:
- First Name : enter in the field only the first name of the new contact (e.g. Michael, or Rose Mary if the contact has a middle name).
- Last Name : enter in the field only the last name of the new contact (e.g. Wilson).
- Title : it is possible to insert the person’s role in the company / organization (e.g. Sales Manager, CEO) or the qualification
achieved (Engineer, PhD).
- Phone : a maximum of three phone numbers (landline, mobile) may be entered. You will be asked to enter the phone number in E.164 format,
so the number must start with the international prefix (e.g. +1 for the US).
- Email : you can enter a maximum of three email addresses associated with the new contact.
- Website : if applicable, you can enter the person's website.
- Address : the address consists of several fields. In the first, enter the street name (e.g. 511 Palm St); the second field
(optional) allows you to specify the location, the area (e.g. Bay Area); in the third, you will enter the city (e.g. San Francisco); in the
fourth, the initials of the state (e.g. CA); in the fifth, the postal code (e.g. 90000); in the sixth, select the country from the drop-down
menu (e.g. United States).
- Organization : it is possible to associate a person to a specific organization (as we will see later).
- Tag : a maximum of 5 tags for each contact may be entered. The tags will be very useful for classifying, identifying
contacts and searching for them on the basis of the tags inserted (e.g. customer, supplier, partner, etc.).
- Description : in the description field you can enter notes, comments or additional information.
Once the data has been entered, click on the Save button
 to save.
The new Person will be displayed in the Contacts View
 (e.g. Smith Adam).
If, on the other hand, you wish to add a new Organization
, for example a company, the path is similar. Click on the down arrow of the
 and choose Organization
Fill in the company details and click on the Save button
The Organization (e.g. Acme Inc.) will be displayed in the Contacts View .
Let us now examine how to associate a Person with an Organization.
: To associate a Person with an Organization, you need to add the organization first
, as the organization must already be
present in your CRM to have a person associated with it.
In our example we added the Acme Inc. organization and now want to associate the Person "Emily Green" with this organization. From
the Contacts View
, click on the +Add button
, choose Person
and enter the data. In the Organization field , a
small form will open where you can enter the company name.
Enter the organization name (e.g. Acme Inc., we can also insert part of the name)  and click on the search symbol
The list of companies will be displayed. Select the company to which we want to associate the person and click on the checkmark
confirm the association.
In this way the "Organization" field will contain the name of the company associated with the Person . Once the remaining fields have
been filled in, click on the Save button
The new Person "Green Emily", associated with the company "Acme Inc.", will be displayed in the Contacts View of our CRM .
To perform actions on a contact, click on the icon with three vertical dots
(ellipsis) in the Actions column
. A drop-down
menu will open, containing three actions: Edit
. Click on View
 to view the contact details.
The view containing all the data of the selected person or organization will open. To edit the contact data
, you can click on the
 at the top right of the screen, or go back to the Contacts View
, click on the icon with three vertical
 and select the Edit action
To search for a contact
, enter the search term in the "search" box and click on the Search button
. In our example we look
for a contact using the name "Smith".
We will get the list of results .
To remove a contact
from the CRM, click on the icon with three vertical dots
in the Actions column
 and select
action . The system will ask you for confirmation of the action
. To proceed with the deletion, click on the
In this tutorial you saw how to add, edit, view and delete contacts in DataKnowl's CRM.
Creating your own CRM with complete and updated data
will be very useful in managing relationships with your customers
and customer experience
How does CRM work ?
How do I edit a contact in CRM ?
How to add contacts in CRM
How do you remove a person or organization from CRM ?